April 2018 Meeting Notes
Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 2:00pm
WDN Shared Governance Board updates
- Discussing IA, working on final proposal.
- QA Review Subcommittee
- Working on objectives moving forward, will meet with Governance Board about process.
- UX Design Subcommittee
- Got feedback from usability test on Current Student page (UsabilityHub). Quick takeaways were mostly inconclusive, will be doing a second round with a working mockup (first was flat paper prototype). Discussed 5.0 theme.
- Framework and App Usability-Focused User Group (new; Nancy Weyers?)
- 114 Responses
- Second test (working mockup) to go live soon, will take a look at mobile search placement and other items related to search and navigation.
Framework & Application Updates
- Monthly updates. Changes include WebAudit Honor Roll information, wdn-icon-container change, and z-index for WDN Alert. View Changelog
- MediaHub automatic optimization (transcoding new uploads) - Michael
- Changed the way that "recommend to main calendar" button works in Events.unl.edu (it is now a default setting that needs to be filled out).
- Webaudit Honor Roll - will display subtle gold star badge in footer if site is 100%, silver at 90-99%.
BTAA ITAG Summary - Bob and Michael
- Strategic planning session for group
- In breakouts, discussed training, maturity models, vendor/procurement, and open source.
- Takeaways for us: offer more training and education within WDN
- Build alliances around university and system
- We are generally in a good place on web accessibility, but could always do better
- Been a lot of forms lately getting spammed. Will be testing a module to auto-ban IP addresses based on number of form submissions.
- Setting up form submissions rules per user per day / week / month (under Webform -> Form Settings -> Total Submission Limit or Per User Submission Limit)