The WDN Shared Governance Board provides this guidance for content creators concerning images used on our websites and other communication platforms.
- AI-generated and third-party stock imagery should not be used to represent people, places and experiences at the university. Users’ expectations that our content is authentic must be honored.
- It is acceptable to use generative AI tools as helpers in image-creation processes, such as editing an existing, non-AI image in Photoshop using that program's AI-enabled features.
- Content that is wholly generated using AI, such as an image created using Adobe Stock AI Generator or MidJourney, is discouraged as it is inauthentic.
- An exception to this is using AI as a tool to create conceptual or illustrative content rather than representative (i.e., an image of an amoeba, or a non-representational background image.) Use only when original images or graphics are not available.
- If AI-generated or stock photography is used for final content, the content should be clearly labeled.
University Communication offers a Digital Photo Archive of images that can be used at no charge.