September 2017 Meeting Notes
Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 2:00pm
WDN Shared Governance Board updates
- QA Review subcommittee
- Reviewed WDN site and sent to governance board. Will be meeting this week and reviewing another site.
- UX Design Subcommittee
- Next meeting Monday, September 18
- Usability testing still on hold
- 5.0 progress update - will have wireframe in October.
- Blog Task Force
- Final recommendation approved
- To be integrated with 5.0 and UNLcms Drupal 8
- UNLcms / Drupal 8
- Working on moving a CAS Department site (Poly Sci) into Drupal 8. Rather than doing two transitions, probably will move in tandem with 5.0 Framework. Will be reaching out to developers to move pilot sites into Drupal 8 so developers can get used to the platform.
- Monthly Framework Updates
- Minor updates, color contrast for accessibility, etc. View Changelog
- Security metric: Checks around https usage, will identify all mixed content (both passive and active) as errors.
- Goal is to help you identify and fix mixed content before the switch to HTTPS
- By default, Webaudit takes roughly a month to scan all sites, if you need one more immediately, start it in the queue
- Accessibility testing library update - Axe-core updated to the latest version - 2.4.0
- Consolidating different login systems at UNL. Only will apply to developers who manage systems that have deployed their own instance of CAS
- UNLChat changes
- Formatting changes on received emails. Subject will be changed to "Email from your website (website name) (conversation identifier)"
CSS Scoping with Namespaces - Ryan Dee
- Should never do overrides of wdn-*. When working on sites, should come up with custom prefix for scoping individual elements for that site (IE "iim-*" for Internet and Interactive Media)
- Future helper classes and other elements in 5.0 should hopefully eliminate a lot of the small CSS custom elements that people have built