October 2017 Meeting Notes
Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 2:00pm
WDN Shared Governance Board updates
- Nominations open for 2018 term
- QA Review Subcommittee
- Meet at Brace Hall next Thursday, October 19th
- UX Design Subcommittee
- Met September 18
- Usability testing will happen in the next month, will hopefully have more to report in Nov. meeting
- CSS nomenclature and utility classes
- UNLcms / Drupal 8
- Working on moving a CAS Department site (Poly Sci) into Drupal 8. Rather than doing two transitions, probably will move in tandem with 5.0 Framework. Will be reaching out to developers to move pilot sites into Drupal 8 so developers can get used to the platform.
- Monthly Framework Updates
- Minor updates, color contrast for accessibility, etc. View Changelog
- New website at UNL that shows what sort of information can be made public. FERPA website
- Information on Student Data
- New security metric that will identify mixed content errors (both passive and active). Goal is to help you identify and fix mixed content now that we've switched to https
- Updated accessibility for icon fonts - you may find errors in your local footer
Login / Shibboleth changes
- For a long time, we've had two different (CAS, SAML) sign-ons running. Have upgraded Shibboleth software to consolidate these logins.
- Making changes behind the scenes in order to make single-sign on experience more smooth
Private Analytics using Piwik
- Should never do overrides of wdn-*. When working on sites, should come up with custom prefix for scoping individual elements for that site (IE "iim-*" for Internet and Interactive Media)
- Future helper classes and other elements in 5.0 should hopefully eliminate a lot of the small CSS custom elements that people have built
UNLedu Web Framework 5.0; From the Ground Up
- Separating branding layer from base framework, working with other institutions in system in order to achieve this.
HTTP >Importance of Accessible Websites
- Ask for your diligence in trying to fix Axe metrics on your webaudit reports.
- Will be held at the Nebraska Innovation Campus, 2021 Transformation Dr, Lincoln, NE 68508 on October 18-19, 2017. This two-day conference is open to the public.