May 2021 Meeting Notes
Tuesday, May 11, 2021 - 2:00pm
Governance Board update
- Go URL links will be removed after two years of inactivity (clicks). Done in order to keep database running smoothly and clear our unused entries.
- Going to review subdomain requests every two weeks. We've had several lately that were rejected (should have been Go URLs).
Mindsets Discussion – Andrew Swenson – Academic Services and Enrollment Management
- Discussion of information learned about how prospective students move through the unl.edu website and what kinds of information they're looking for.
- ALT description
- Describe the image. Be specific.
- Recommended length: 80 - 125 characters
- Avoid keyword stuffing. Good alt text helps your SEO
- "Photo of..." is unnecessary, do not use
- Pro tip: A period at the end of your alt text provides a brief, courteous pause for screen readers
- SR text - if using a CTA or link like "Learn More" or "Read More," give contextual information about that link using the "dcf-sr-only" class.
Framework updates and discussion
- 5.3 updates including underlining footer links that aren't list items, cards-as-links, fixing figcaption in slideshow
- Cleanup of old/abandoned CMS sites
- Transitioning of www sites to subdomains