March 2016 Meeting Notes
Tuesday, March 8, 2016 - 2:00pm
WDN Meeting Agenda
Gov Board Update
- list of remaining sites
- QA Reviews - Arch
- How to submit contribution, ideas and suggestions (UNLcms, Framework, Public Information Apps)
- Updates - Ryan - wdn-text-band (for limiting width of full-page text), events band output (room number addition), upgrade to mediaelement plugin (bugfixes)
- Webfont update proposal - Ryan - propose removing Mercury Display from webfonts folder, result would be savings in download, no other changes as Mercury is only currently being used in one place (Quote style, which will be redesigned).
SVG 101 - Becky Aiken & Ryan Dee
- SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphic, best for simple graphics with gradients. They look good at any size (including retina), as they scale, and work well within the responsive WDN grid system.
UNL Today - other show and tell
- built on separate installation of UNLcms, making use of feeds, views,
Blogs at UNL - task force volunteers
- We don't have a lot of blogs at UNL, and the solutions to date have been wide-ranging.
- Looking to form a task group of WDN members to work through what we need from UNLcms
Change WDN meeting format?
- Condense WDN meeting and UNLcms Developers meeting into one, with UNLcms content coming at the end.