July 2021 Meeting Notes
Tuesday, July 13, 2021 - 2:00pm
Governance Board update
- PDFs will no longer be allowed in Primary/Secondary links in UNLcms, will be flagged in WebAudit starting in August.
- Upcoming Events development: Images will soon be required for any event that is selected to be promoted to all calendars. Images will have a square aspect ratio applied (with focal point) in order to have more consistency among images. Need more education for those adding events, as postcards and posters designed for events should not be uploaded as attachments for events, nor should any picture with large amounts of embedded text (that text should instead be included in the event itself).
- Several metrics down: If you have a bit of free time before school starts, try to find some places that might be improved in your scores
Framework updates and discussion
- 5.3 Updates deploy Thursday afternoon, July 22. Updates include:
- npm Updates
- Fix pill border-radius
- Update body-scroll-lock plugin to address modal scrolling bug
- Footer background change from brand red to dark gray - improves color contrast and allows for more use of scarlet in the main content area without competing with a large, scarlet footer
- New events teaser layout - better typographical hierarchy and grouping of info makes for easier scanning of event details, with icons to aid in visualizing type of event info
Preview of New Top-Level Redesign
- New redesign shifts to topic-based navigation for top-level pages and introduces more admission-focused content.