Appropriate for all
Advantages to web site managers and content providers
- Easy to create and maintain your web site content.
- Use a web browser as your editor.
- Edit from anywhere that your device is connected to the Internet.
- Easy editing means less time editing, allowing for more time to focus on content and other tasks.
- You are not required to know HTML markup language.
- Quick to learn how to update content.
- Easy to involve more people to maintain their own content.
- While not required, HTML coding is still an option for some work when it's advantageous.
- Multiple authors/editors of web site content, even a single document.
- UNL Template upgrades are automatic in the content management system.
- Secure web editing.
- Workflow management to increase freshness of content.
- Facilitate collaboration and sharing of content.
Advantages through the use of UNL Information Technology Services Infrastructure and Support
- Low administrative overhead of multiple web host servers environment
- Fewer physical servers means less cost and less energy used
- Fewer server administrative support allowing redirection of that resource to application development, client support and other departmental or college priorities.
- Enhanced security and data integrity.