June 2016 Meeting Notes
Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 2:00pm
WDN Meeting Agenda
Gov Board Update
- 4.1 transition -Over 50 sites moved over in the past month. Board members are still contacting site owners in order to move remaining sites. View a current report.
- Blog task force update - Presented survey results. Will come up with recommended solution during next meeting.
- Mediahub embed code - Newer embed code in iframe, wrapped in classes that allow for responsive embeds. Reasons for doing this was so it was easier to embed in non-UNL sites like Blackboard. Captions are available and searchable.
- Hero Content - Working on coming up with a permanent solution that doesn't dim photos in order for accessibility. New updates include modernizr object fit that will optimize image/background video height to fill container.
- Documentation updates continuing on the WDN site. Reminder that the section is open for contributions from any WDN members. Updates will go through moderation process.
- Updated book menus optimized for retina / better look
- Webform updates - submission numbers are now specific to individual forms.
- Drupal 8 timeline / progress -
- Discussion on the future of UNLcms (877 sites in UNLcms) - sharing content and structure (twig templates, css, content types). Eventually need to get to a site where we have fewer websites - combine multiple sites.
Special Presentation: Intro to Web Accessibility
- Michael Fairchild