This chat room is for use by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln community and WDN members. Typically, we are not able to answer questions that do not pertain to the university and its web presence. For those questions, return to the UNL homepage and try the handy chat tool at the lower-right corner of the browser window.
Members of the UNL Web Developer network listen and use this chat during normal business hours (M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm CT).
HipChat ExperimentWe have been using IRC for quite some time, it has its strengths, but it also has its weaknesses. Starting 6/9/2015 we began using HipChat, which we hope will provide a better platform for this community. Some advantages that it has over IRC:
- Official desktop and mobile applications so that you can always be connected
- Ability to upload photos, which can be very valuable in answering questions
- Official history of conversations
- Many integrations with services such as GitHub and TravisCI
Guest AccessSome features include:
- Jump in and ask a question without registering
- No access to past history