The UNL Web Developer Network and the Internet and Interactive Media group use HipChat to keep always-on discussions available for quick help with issues in implementing the UNLedu Web Framework, for quick resolution of minor glitches, and for occasional discussion of the #Huskers. Generally, then, our WDN HipChat room is intended for use primarily by the University of Nebraska–Lincoln community and WDN members. Typically, we are not able to answer questions that don't pertain to the UNL website.
That said, if you are a colleague at another university or higher-ed institution, we extend a special invitation to get in contact, right now. We'll welcome you like a sister or brother. ;-) Just hit the 'Join as a Guest' button below.
Members of the UNL Web Developer Network listen to and use this chat during normal business hours (M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm CT, UTC -5:00/winter -6:00).
Guest AccessSome features include:
- Jump in and ask a question without registering
- No access to past history
IRC to HipChat MoveWe have been using IRC for quite some time, it has its strengths, but it also has its weaknesses. Starting 6/9/2015 we began using HipChat, which we hope will provide a better platform for this community. Some advantages that it has over IRC:
- Official desktop and mobile applications so that you can always be connected
- Ability to upload photos, which can be very valuable in answering questions
- Official history of conversations
- Many integrations with services such as GitHub and TravisCI