October 2015 Meeting Notes
WDN Shared Governance Board update
2015: The Year In Review
2016: The Year Ahead
- Submit name by end of day Nov 1
- Voting beings Tuesday, Nov 10
- Voting closes Dec 1
- New board announced Tuesday, Dec 8
- Term begins Jan 1, 2016
Captioning Service Added to MediaHub
- Accessibility is in our DNA
- Captioning has always been the biggest failing
- We needed a simple, cheap, accurate solution—and now we have one
- Because of our integrated development we are in a position of leadership in higher education
- Goal: all new publicly-accessible video, beginning now, captioned, not only because it's the law.
Demo, Spencer McCoy
4.1 Progress Update
Feedback is greatly appreciated as the process continues. A link to the latest mockups is available from the homepage on the WDN site. The goal is to have something code-ready by the next WDN meeting in November. User testing will be conducted with CoJMC students. Discussion are still pending if an automatic rollout will be done on UNLcms.
Overview of Ruffalo Noel-Levitz 2015 E-Expectations Report
Bob Crisler and Andrew Swenson discuss the report that surveys college-bound high school students on what they expect from college communications, primarily online. Students' primary means and most influential resource of researching information about a college is its website. College websites make a difference in students' perception of an institution. Around 70% of high school students have viewed a college website on a mobile device. Many are also filling out forms on mobile devices. Most students aren't necessarily ready to apply. Requests for information are valuable; use this link/call to action on your sites: admissions.unl.edu/more-information. However, don't stop encouraging students to apply.