February 2015 Meeting Notes
2014 Annual Report
- Up 8.7% time spent on site
- 3.7 billion seconds spent on UNLedu in 2014
- Traffic is 22.61% mobile
- Our promise: any modern, standards-compliant browser
- Zero unplanned outages since moving to Rackspace
- UNLedu named 2014 eduStyle Awards Best Overall Website
Things to look forward to in 2015:
- Better integrations
- Upgraded content on Top Level
- More functionality in UNLcms
- Distribution of Streamline Icons as part of framework
- Evolving affiliate template
- More change, more challenges
- UNLedu 4.1
WDN Shared Governance Board Report
Mission Statement and next steps, site review
Progress on Affiliate Template
Affiliate template CSS needs to be updated in the WDN templates. Best practice recommendation for logo placement will likely be to the left of site title (also left-aligned, no longer centered), but size/orientation of logo will help to determine placement. Affiliate eligibility to be addressed by the WDN Shared Governance Board.
Registered Student Organizations don't necessarily speak for the university. The RSO notification will appear right below the site title. Disclaimer will go in the footer.
UNL Events in the Spotlight
Due to ongoing issues, recurring events are currently disabled, but will be corrected (hopefully by end of week). Convert manager interface into 4.0 and improve event manager UI.