August 2016 Meeting Notes
Tuesday, August 9, 2016 - 2:00pm
WDN Meeting Agenda
Gov Board Update
- QA Reviews on deck: crec.unl.edu and parking.unl.edu
- Blog task force update - Focus groups are done. Task force will meet and discuss next steps.
- Demo Affiliate template (for use by units that have individual brand - research centers, etc - who have approved secondary logos, or multi-institutional groups)
- Governance board will approve use
- Purpose and applicability
- Code (CSS and extras) are available on UNL repository on Github
- NNGroup report on university websites.
- Drupal 8
- Going to pause on mass migration into Drupal 8, take opportunity to share more site infrastructure
- Current Problem: Can't share advanced development among sites
- Future state: content types should be shareable with a curated 'wdn' collection, and ability for site devs to clone and modify, content is more easily shared.
- WYSIWYG editor updates
- Recent updates
- Review existing documentation
- What additional items need to be covered: Carousel extras (Clay Lewis), Including non-CMS page in UNLcms (Eric Rasmussen), Google Analytics (Anne Holz), fix link on selectors page (Michael Fairchild)
- Who can volunteer to help (see above)