Appropriate for all
This log will list any fixes, changes, and additions that have been made to UNL WebAudit.
August 03, 2017
- Fix a rare bug where a relative URL might not be converted to an absolute URL.
- Updated the spelling metric to include a geography name dictionary, which includes city, county, state, and country names.
- Add a group page for each group, which display information about the group, group-specific navigation (if available), and a graph of metric history for the entire group.
July 05, 2017
- Improve privacy settings relating to user names.
June 13, 2017
- Deploy the SEO and Spelling metrics to the UNL group.
June 8, 2017
- Spelling metric: fix an error with unicode ligatures not being recognized.
June 5, 2017
- Deploy the spelling metric to non-UNL sites. This metric is undergoing testing, and as such, will not affect page scores.
May 31, 2017
- Metrics can now allow overriding the errors that they create (instead of just notices). This option is off by default.
- Start tracking overall group history (GPA of all sites and metrics in a group). This will help surface trends. There is no UI for this data at the moment, but that will be coming soon.
May 24, 2017
- Allow overriding notices so that they do not appear on future scans
- Make more of the SEO checks return notices instead of errors (for example, rules around length are just best practices)
May 16, 2017
- Improve federated login experience
- Enable google logins
- Improve the recording of login events
April 27, 2017
- Update the axe-core library to 2.2.0
April 14, 2017
- Prevent duplicate page scans (one for https and the other for http), and instead only scan the first version that was found. This will hopefully reduce clutter
- Improve the auto suggestion of base urls during the 'add a site' process by keeping the same url scheme that was originally entered, rather than forcing http://
- Record page titles for non-UNL pages
April 11, 2017
- Improve the scan performance by adding another queue worker
- bug fixes relating to manually verifying memberships, and sso cookie management
March 22, 2017
- Support federated logins and other institutions!
March 3, 2017
- Fix an issue where http links would not be discovered on https sites (and vice versa)
March 1, 2017
- Update libraries supporting WebAudit
- Fix an issue where error pages were not being scanned by the HTML Validator
- Improve the HTML Validator metric by grouping similar errors
February 21, 2017
- Updated the validation service to version 17.2.1
February 15, 2017
- Fix the All Metrics view
February 9, 2017
- Add the concept of groups, where similar sites can be placed in the same group
- Allow configuring a custom set of metrics for each group
January 17, 2017
- Replace the pa11y accessibility metric with the aXe accessibility metric. Note that the old pa11y bookmarklet is no longer supported and may not work.
January 6, 2017
- Switch the internal browser to one based on chrome to take advantage of recent performance improvements for the axe metric
- Update the axe metric to include performance improvements and various test improvements
November 14, 2016
- Added a timeout to aXe tests
- Fix the history graph for sites that have over 100 data points
November 7, 2016
- added the aXe core metric. This metric will be ungraded for at least the first month as we test it out on production sites. See the accessibility testing update for more details
- Added checks to ensure proper usage of our institution's name according to the brand book
October 11, 2016
- Added a limit to the number of links that are logged and checked on a page. The limit is 150 and does not include links that were already checked by the system in the last hour (their information is cached). This should help improve the speed of some audits
- Various under-the-hood updates to improve compatibility with newer versions of MySQL
October 3, 2016
- Updated libraries that support pa11y which should improve the reliability of accessibility testing and fix some false positives
June 30, 2016
- Add 2 checks for WDN icon font accessibility. These were added to the UNL metric because they apply to UNL specific icon font usage. (#19). For information on how to make icon-fonts accessible, see WDN icon-font documentation.
June 1, 2016
- Update the accessibility library to bring in the latest changes and improve contrast checking under certain conditions
May 17, 2016
- Provide links to directory from the registry
April 14, 2016
- The HTML5 parser was updated (103)
- This changelog was added